Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What do you think about Jean-Paul Sartre ?

Jean-Paul Sartre is in no small way responsible for getting the world to give a long hard look at existentialism, and for that he deserves quite a bit of credit.





Existentialism's mantra, that existence precedes essence, is one that I firmly accept. We create the purposes of our own existence. Life does not have a purpose in and of itself. I'm not sure I would have adopted this view without Sartre.





Sartre is one of the great minds of the 20th century, and I am grateful that I've had the opportunity to read some of his work.|||A very smart man.|||I think the name strikes a positive note. Anyone that speaks truth does that to me. Did he say "the heart has its reasons which reason knows not of"? If so, maybe that's why I like him.|||Good academic search results on Sartre:


http://www.sweetsearch.com/search.html?q鈥?/a>





and interesting biography on him from nobel prize web site:


http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/liter鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment